Even if you don’t like avocados, that’s okay, we can still be friends. I am here, not to convince you that you must eat the AMAZING avocado, but to share some great facts so you might reconsider trying them again. And even if there is no way you will ever eat an avocado PLEASE keep introducing them to your kids for many of the reasons I will mention soon. Or if you love them already as I do, then you just start eating more! Now check out these cool facts about my little green beauty below:
Green Fact Time:
- Avocados are a heart-healthy, nutrient-dense superfood
- One-third of a medium avocado has close to 20 vitamins and minerals
- Contains plenty of those good fats
- Avocados can act as a “nutrient booster” by helping increase the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients such as vitamins A, D, K and E. Pretty cool huh?
- Great for babies and kids
- Avocados contain more potassium than bananas
- Fiber-rich and we all know everyone needs this.
Now for a quick and easy guacamole recipe that you and the family can eat with cut and sliced veggies, or go ahead and pull out the tortilla chips because guacamole makes it all worth it!
This is our family’s quick guac recipe that disappears in no time! We make one with chopped tomato, onion, and jalapeno, but this one is super fast and super yummy too.
Quick Guacamole from your Texas friend (me!):
4-5 small avocados, pitted, scooped and put in a glass mixing bowl
- Then add the following on top of the avocado in the bowl:
- ½ medium to large lemon squeezed (can substitute 1 whole lime)
- 4 drops of lime essential oil (check
labelfor dietary use only)*
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ heaping tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Take a fork and squash it all together and mix and you are ready! Enjoy!
*shoot me an email if you need help with which essential oils to use in the kitchen.
Let me know if you like it! I am here to make your mom life simpler. And getting healthy food everyone will enjoy on the table with easy steps and quick clean up? Yeah, that is a given! So, comment below or shoot me an email if there is a recipe you would like to see.