Do you have kids going through growth spurts? Are the kids *starving* as soon as they walk in the door? I hear ya!
This super simple Gluten-free Blueberry Oatmeal Bake is easily put together and baked for a nutritious and filling snack kids can eat before sports and dance practice or before going out to play.
You can step up the protein if desired by adding more nuts or even protein powder to the mix.
There are so many options, so make it your own way.
Gluten Free Blueberry Oatmeal Bake Recipe
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, divided in 1/2
- ⅓ – ½ cup walnuts, pecans, or slivered almonds
- ½ – ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet (or 8x8in square baking dish)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt and sugar until combined.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla extract, and eggs. Stir until combined. Gently fold in half of the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet or pan. Scatter the remaining half of the blueberries over the top.
- In a small cup or bowl combine the nuts, cinnamon and coconut sugar for the topping. Spread the topping over the top of the oat mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes until the oats are set. If you used rolled oats instead of the quick oats, increase the cooking time by 8-10min.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the top if desired and enjoy.
This blueberry oatmeal yumminess will not last long and will make your kitchen smell amazing in the meantime. The final result is you will have smiling kiddos once again! To see the recipe video demo for this recipe, head on over to my Facebook page – GF Blueberry Oatmeal Bake