Fact: Bone broth is nutritious and a huge immune booster, but buying it at the store is costly. Good News: Although it takes time to make your own bone broth combining it with my chicken noodle soup recipe you can have dinner ready and healthy bone broth too for a lot less than store bought! My method is quick, easy, simple and clean up is a breeze! High five! And, the soup tastes awesome on top of everything else.
Although you don’t normally think of eating soup during the summer, it’s good to have on hand to keep those summer colds away. Kids tend to get that after sun chill from being at the pool or beach all day long and this soup is perfect to have on hand. Get your Instant Pot ready because you will love this one.
BONE BROTH AND CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE IN ONE
- 1 T avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced (I just use jar garlic)
- 5 whole carrots sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 large stalks celery sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 whole chicken about 4-5 pounds, giblets removed
- 2 bay leaves (remove before serving)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper (or more if desired)
- 1 T pink Himalayan salt or sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups rice pasta or other pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 8 cups of water
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in Instant Pot on Sauté setting. Add onions and cook about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, carrots, and celery, and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Place whole chicken on top of vegetables, then pour in water, bay leaves, salt & pepper. Secure lid and set to Manual High Pressure for 20 minutes. Do a Quick Release when the time is up and remove the lid.
- Carefully transfer whole chicken to a large cutting board. Step back as chicken can fall apart. It will be very hot!
- Turn Instant Pot on Sauté and add the pasta.
- While pasta cooks, shred the chicken off the bone. When pasta is cooked, return chicken pieces to soup, and toss the bones & skin. Stir in fresh parsley and fresh lemon juice. Add more salt or pepper as needed. Serve.
If you hop over to Facebook by clicking the button below, I have a video replay of this recipe for you.