With school starting or fast approaching for some of us, it’s time to start thinking about meal planning, budgeting and limiting the time spent going through the drive-thru. You know I’m right! This meal is easy, fast and inexpensive! Your family will love it! Let’s make a commitment this year to feed our families healthy meals and save money while doing it. Join me! Let’s go!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12 to 16 ounce jar Salsa Verde (HEB & Trader Joe’s have good natural brands)
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, lime wedges and/or diced avocado for serving, optional
- Serve with Basmati Rice or Cauliflower rice/lettuce leaves for Paleo/Low
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa, green chiles, cumin and oregano. Pour over chicken.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on LOW heat for 4 – 6 hours.
- Remove lid and allow chicken to cool slightly before shredding it with 2 forks right in the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper is desired
- Transfer to serving dish, top with chopped fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges, if desired.
- Serve over basmati rice or over cauliflower rice/lettuce wraps if Paleo/low-carb.
- CALORIES: 195
- SUGAR: 1G
- SODIUM: 495MG
- FAT: 7G
- CARBOHYDRATES: 5G
- FIBER: 3G
- PROTEIN: 27G