It was one of those nights. I had chicken. I was running late and what I wanted to make, I just wasn’t up for making it. Have you ever had felt like that when it came time to make dinner?
I went over to the spice cabinet and put together a spice blend to coat the chicken in. And then, using my Instant Pot “presto” dinner was ready in no time! No sweat, no worrying… the pressure was off this mama! I grabbed my other Instant Pot and made rice… again “presto” and I may have even skipped a step or two in the kitchen with the realization that dinner was coming to together so quickly and easily. I threw together a quick salad and… say it with me “presto” dinner was served!
Every single kid (7 at home) ate this meal that night and I barely had any chicken left for my salad the next day!
So print this out and add it to your personal recipe book. It’s perfect for when you find yourself in a day as I found myself.
The Best Simple Chicken Recipe for Your Instant Pot
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 12 oz chicken broth
- 2-3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- In a small bowl mix together all the dried spices and the salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken breasts in a bowl and coat the breasts with the spices.
- Press sauté on your 6qt Instant Pot, add oil in the instant pot insert. Lightly brown the chicken breasts on both sides (about 2 mins on each side).
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and set aside on a plate.
- Add the chicken broth into the Instant Pot insert, and scrape any bits stuck to the bottom of the pot from sautéing.
- Place the stainless trivet in the Instant Pot, then place the chicken top of the trivet.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Select the manual high pressure and set the timer to 5 mins.
- Do a natural pressure release for about 8 mins (10 mins for thicker chicken breasts)
- Release remaining pressure and serve.
Seriously so simple, and yes I wasn’t sure about those specific spices working together either, but they do. Boy, do they. Yum! Let me know how your family likes it. I love hearing from people that read my blog. So drop me a quick note and let me know.