HEY! If you are thinking this is a bland, boring, cardboard-tasting muffin recipe… you’ll eat those words! LOL! No pun intended! Seriously though, this recipe is kid-approved and easy to make. They are perfect for breakfast, snack time or when your kids (or spouse… it happens!) are begging for a sweet cupcake.
I hear you! What makes this recipe so great? I mean “come on, it’s just muffins right”? Well I will tell you:
- You just need one bowl and muffin pan. No need to dirty up two bowls like most recipes call for. You know, one for the dry ingredients and one for the wet ingredients. Nope! Just get one large bowl and your muffin pan ready… let’s go!
- If your family is new to almond flour you can go half white flour and ease them into it. It won’t affect the recipe at all! (But get them off that processed, unhealthy white flour as soon as possible!)
- You can add nuts if you are looking to get more protein.
- They are gluten-free and paleo!! Fist bump!!
- This is more a tip. Buy “unsweetened” applesauce and do that for the rest of your life. Apples are naturally sweetened so you don’t need any added sugar. It’s a step towards better health with this simple change in your life.
Okay… now print the recipe and whip up a batch today. Then shoot me a thank you email using my contact form on my website. Your family will love these muffins. I guarantee it!!!
Also, if you have ever found yourself in the middle of a recipe that calls for sour cream or honey and you were all out and wondering if there was something you had on hand you could substitute, then I’ve got a cheat sheet that you will love. You’ll love it so much you will probably have it laminated too! LOL! It’s my kitchen substitution cheat sheet and you can get it for free by joining my email list. DON’T WORRY!!! I will only email you once a week to let you know what is the next recipe coming and give you access to all sorts of goodies. You can always unsubscribe too. It’s a win-win! High five!
Time to bake…
GF and Paleo Applesauce Muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ heaping tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup honey
- 10 pecan halves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 10 muffin cups with avocado oil or coconut oil or line the muffin cup bottoms with parchment or use silicone baking cups (avoid aluminum liners and pans)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the eggs, applesauce, vanilla, and honey. Mix until combined.
- Divide into 10 muffin cups and place a pecan half on each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on the center rack until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
And don’t forget… you can watch me make these muffins via my Facebook live video demonstration. Just click the button below and tap your heels three times… okay, I’m kidding about the heel taping. You get the drill.